As a software engineer shaping our product, your mission is to be part of a core team building depth and new capabilities into the Taskize platform which will enable our customers to transform financial industry operations.
You’ll think big & deep and iterate towards your goals. You’ll relish the creative energy that comes from working with your peers at every step of the development life-cycle from concept to deployment and feedback.
We believe in close-knit teams and you will have an impact on all parts of the system. You may work on advancing our unique distributed platform or on nuancing UX design trade-offs. All our engineers practice as full-stack generalists, passionate in balancing craftsmanship with engineering.
You’ll be part of the entire product process, from concept to operation with the opportunity to interact with our customers.
• Expert server-side Java design and development (3+ years)
• Understand concepts required to build distributed, loosely-coupled, global applications
• Deep knowledge of three or more of: messaging, data modelling, security, concurrency, resiliency, networking, caching and performance tuning
• Passionate about reliability, repeatability and testing
• Strong communication skills both written and oral
• A self-starter who wants to take ownership of significant sub-systems
• Have experience of working in a small, highly productive Scrum/Agile team
• Comfortable working in a start-up culture where we lay the path instead of following it
• Hands-on from design to operate
• Working knowledge of SQL and relational database technology (e.g. Postgres)
• Comfortable working in a Mac/Linux environment
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Are likely to have contributed to an open source project.