As a Cloud Operations Engineer your mission is to define, innovate and improve our CI/CD process from a developer’s Mac through to dozens of Linux cloud servers around the globe. You will be innovating at the leading edge of deployment provisioning and automation to delight our software engineers and create secure, reliable, repeatable production roll-outs of the Taskize platform which will enable our customers to transform the financial industry.
As Cloud Operations Engineer you will be at the intersection of software engineering and data-centre operations. You’ll think big & deep and iterate towards your goals. You’ll relish the creative energy that comes from working with your peers in software engineering at every step of the development life cycle from concept to deployment and feedback.
We believe in close-knit teams of engineers who are passionate in balancing craftsmanship with engineering. You’ll be part of the entire product process, from concept to operation with the opportunity to interact with our customers.
• You may have been building release automation since before Chef or AWS existed
• You dislike ad-hoc or manual processes and enjoy automating them away; you have experience of one or more of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform, Vagrant, Cloud formation
• You have been responsible for supporting mission-critical distributed systems
• You know a modern web application works from end-to-end; firewalls, web servers, TCP/IP networking, (reverse) proxy, DNS and global load balancing, threaded vs evented servers, the mechanics of SSL, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of at least one Linux distribution
• Ability to script in one or more of the popular languages (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby)
• Knowledge of deploying relational databases, ideally Postgres. Experience of upgrading, backing-up, securing, replication, managing file block-based / file system storage
• You have on-the-job experience of public or private cloud infrastructure
• You have an understanding of cloud security
• Passionate about reliability, repeatability and testing
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• A self-starter who wants to take ownership of significant sub-systems
• Comfortable working in a start-up culture where we lay the path instead of following it
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• May have contributed to an open source project
The larger scale aspects of the CI/CD process can be shaped by you.